On the off chance that you are somebody who as often as possible works the electric chainsaw, you realize that the electric chainsaw sharpener is an amazingly valuable device. It is straightforward to use, convenient, and also saves money.
In this post, we show you an easy step by step guide on how to use an electric chainsaw sharpener.
Understanding the Specifications
Similar to the standard with any power tool, it is significant that you comprehend the determinations of the chainsaw blade before you can begin the sharpening. These are essential data, for example, the check and the pitch. They, as a rule, arrive in a user’s manual or on the case where the blade came.
If you don’t approach a manual, you can check the web for the right data.
Preparing the Sharpener
Append the finish of the sharpener to a solid workbench. You can do this through the gaps on the base of the sharpener. The locking wheel must be openly available while playing out this progression.
Then again, different models can are to be on the ground. In any case, this tool does not have a freestanding design. It prevents movements during the sharpening process.
Mounting the granulating Wheel or the Sharpening Stone
- Raise the top housing of the sharpener and tighten the locks. This will keep it in the upper position.
- Now remove the grinding wheel cover using a screwdriver.
- Unscrew the grinder lock cap and install the required wheel at the base. Make sure that you are using the recommended wheel/stone for your tool.
- Screw on the grinder lock cap followed by the wheel cover.
- Release the lock top and lower the top housing.
Preparing the Chain
- Remove the chain from the saw.
- Clean it altogether utilizing a dissolvable of decision.
- Allow it to dry totally.
- Lift the chain stops and slide the chain into the sliding tracks.
- Lock the chain set up by bringing down the chain stop. The stop should lay on the tooth of a string. This is where you will begin the sharpening.
Finding the right Swivel Angle
- Remember the locking wheel in Step 2? You need to loosen it so that it can rotate freely. This will assist you in determining the right angle for sharpening.
- Chains of electric chainsaw sharpeners come in different sizes, and they also have different recommended aspects. If you are not confident about the right edge of the blade, recheck the specifications. Most chains will have an edge of 0 to 60 degrees.
- Rotate the locking wheel to the right degree. After you establish the correct angle, tighten the locking wheel from the bottom.
- Lower the top housing so that the motor or the sharpening stone skims the blade lightly.
- Tighten the lock stop. This will prevent the sharpening wheel from cutting deep into the chain, causing damage and overheating.
Next, lock the chain track by turning the handle right next to it.
Sharpening the Blades
- Plugin the sharpener or turn on the switch.
- Gently lower the grinding wheel or grinding stone.
- When you make contact with the chain, sparks will fly. To sharpen one tooth of the chain, it will take a few seconds.
- Turn off the sharpener and gently pull the string, so it is positioned in the chain stop. Sharpen it and proceed with the rest of the chain until they are completed.
- When you are finished with the entire tooth set on the current angle, turn off the tool, and unplug it.
- Next, loosen the wheel at the bottom and rotate the locking wheel in the opposite direction.
- Set the correct angle as you did previously. If your previous angle was set at 20 degrees, you need to set the same angle again.
- Position the tooth of the chain in the lock stop and lock the wheel. Proceed with the sharpening as you did earlier.
- When the chain is sharpened, the teeth of the chain will look shiny and sharp.
Your sharpened chainsaw chain is ready to be mounted on the electric chainsaw.
Sharpening an electric chainsaw can look complicated and daunting in the beginning. But when you have completed the first sharpening session, it is quite effortless, mainly if you operate power tools frequently. Check out, some of our best chainsaw sharpener reviews.