When someone starts an email campaign, the quality or the performance indicator starts flowing in. Email marketer will be happy to see some positive results but one thing he/she is afraid of is bounce backs. Bounce rates determine whether the campaign is successful or not. Before jumping to the successfulness of the campaign we need to understand what are email bounce backs?
When an email does not end up in the inbox of the receiver, it bounces back to the sender. This process is bouncing back. This means you wasted your time, energy, and resources on an email address. Some of the popular reasons for emails to bounce back are:
- Invalid Emails
- Mailbox Overload
- Blocked Email
- Auto-responder Email
- Server Error
- Non-existent Email
If the bounce rate is high for your current campaign; it can affect the deliverability of future campaigns. Your reputation is dependent on these bounce backs. Your emails might wind up in the spam list or even blacklist by the ISPs due to a high percentage of bounce backs. Your email list should be very healthy and checked regularly. Because it is the best way of communication with your customers and to promote products and services.
As one cleans his/her house regularly, email lists are to be cleaned from time to time. Just as dusting or sweeping will eliminate the dirt from the house, data cleaning will eliminate the Invalid emails, blocked emails, defaulter emails, and it will certainly verify the new emails lists. Doing a bulk cleaning will be more effective and will increase your sender score. You need to perform real-time email verification on the lists to yield better results.
The process of real-time email verification is simple. First, a user needs to enter the email address which is to be verified. Then our API processes it in the background and checks whether the email is well-formed or not. It consists of several steps.
1. The first step is to check the syntax of the email. It is checked with respect to the IETF standard and any error in the address will remove it from the list.
2. The second step is to check Domain/MX records. If the domain name is invalid or MX entry is missing, the process blocks the email address.
3. The emails like info@, sales@, admin@, etc. are eliminated in this step. These are role-based emails and sending email to these addresses will affect your sender score.
4. This step detects the Disposable Email Address (DEA). These are generally used to bypass the login forms which asks for valid email address. For example – email@example.com.
5. The fifth and important step is Honeypot/Spam trap detection. This step detects BOTs, honeypots, spam seeds, or bogus email addresses. The detection is done by checking the addresses in the list against the known list of email addresses.
6. A DNS-based blackhole list (DNSBL) or Real-time blackhole list (RBL) is a list of IP addresses used for spamming and its detection is very important. Otherwise, the emails will not reach the destination and will be dropped. This can also be used to trap spam networks.
7. Final verification comprises of SMTP verification. A deep and extended verification is performed on every email address. The address is pinged and verified for mailbox existence without sending an actual email to the inbox.
Features of Email Checker’s API
1. Our API is most compatible with Yahoo and no other service provider can match the accuracy and compatibility of our yahoo results.
2. You can fully utilize our API within your client side code (jQuery etc.) using our domain-based authentication. It helps you to provide quick real-time response to the user without refreshing the page. Also, your API key will be safe.
3. Our error detecting and suggestion feature will help to enhance the user experience and conversion.
4. You can integrate our API with WordPress, Magento, etc. you just need to ask us. Also, any third party applications can be integrated.
5. Various API libraries are also available. Like for PHP, Python, Ruby, and Node.js.
Benefits of using Real-time Email Verification
1. Prevent high bounce rates – You can detect invalid, non-existent, under maintenance, and overload emails and eliminate them using this API. In this way, your sender score will increase and your email will reach the inbox of potential consumers only.
2. Improve open and click-through rates – This API will detect the unengaged users who are not opening or not clicking on the emails you send. You can then remove them from the mailing lists and improve open and click-through rate.
3. It will save time and energy by automating the process of cleaning the email list. Cleaning email lists are necessary from time to time. If you don’t clean the data on time, your deliverability will be affected.
4. It can help you to save a lot of money by not sending emails to invalid email addresses. You can earn better if these email addresses are eliminated because they are ultimately affecting your growth.
Using the API of Email Checker is very simple and you can integrate with your application for the campaigning process
Create an account – First thing is to create an account and then you can start enjoying the benefits.
Create an API Key – After the creation of your account, you need to create API key in the “API settings” part of your dashboard.
Integrate with your application – You need to integrate the API with your application and start the campaign with real-time verification.
Using this quick and effective tool you can expand your marketing campaign and target potential consumers only. You can eliminate the invalid emails; reduce the cost of list maintenance and automating the process of cleaning and generating a verified list. With few simple, fast, and effective steps you will get a fully verified list of email addresses. Using these services you will be made sure that your email reaches its destination and your business will flourish. We at Email Checker have very dedicated employees with a single motto: consumer satisfaction. Our API can be integrated easily and we have a simple fee structure depending on the usage.