Day to day Indian recipes are gaining popularity all over the world. In India each of the states has its own recipes and local flavor. Pav Bhaji is one of the popular recipe of Mumbai, Maharashtra. Any time if you are traveling to Mumbai don’t forget the awesome taste of Pav Bhaji. For Pav Bhaji lovers in this session we are presenting the steps about how to prepare Pav Bhaji recipe at home. Try this in this week end and share us your feedback.
- 4 medium sized Potatoes
- 2 Onions
- 4 Tomatoes
- Ginger (1 one inch piece)
- 10 to 12 Garlic Cloves
- 1 medium sized Capsicum
- 4 to 5 Green Chilies
- 1/4 small sized Cauliflower
- Coriander Leaves
- Green Peas
- 2 Lemons
- Pav Bhajee masala
- Salt as required
- Butter 4 tblspns
- 6 to 8 Pav
Steps to Prepare Pav Bhaji
1. Cut each potatoes into 4 pieces. Then boil, peel and grate potatoes. Wash Tomatoes well and Chop.
2. Wash and Grate Cauliflower. Peel ginger, garlic cloves and onions. Prepare a paste with the mixture of garlic’s and ginger. Chop Capsicum, green Chilies and Coriander leaves. Cut lemons into wedges.
3. Boil green peas in salt water. After pea’s get soft drain, mash lightly and keep aside.
4. Switch on the Gas. Put Oil in a pan and add three fourth quantity of chopped Onions. Fry well until it looks light brown. Add chopped green Chilies and paste we prepared above. Stir-fry for 30 to 45 seconds.
5. Add half of the chopped tomatoes and Cook for 4 to 5 minutes in medium heat. Stirring continuously or till oil separate from masala.
6. Now add chopped Capsicum and mashed green peas. Grated Potatoes and Cauliflower with half cup of water. Keep boil the mixture for 10 minutes until the vegetable get mashed well.
7. Add Pav Bhaji masala, Salt as required and the rest part of chopped tomatoes. Keep cooking on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. During cooking it advisable to keep stirring continuously.
8. In another pan heat half of the butter. Slice Pav horizontally into 2 disjoint pieces and fry in butter for 30 seconds till Pav is crisp and light brown.
9. Garnish the Bhaji with chopped coriander leaves and remaining butter.
Now your Pav Bhaji is ready to Serve. During you Serve add remaining chopped onions and lemon wedges.
Referred from http://khanakhazana.com