Service is means of delivering value to Customer by facilitating Outcomes Customers want to achieve without the Ownership of specific Costs & Risks. Service judged upon Quality. Quality Technical Support no only brings Customer Satisfaction but also increases Business turnover. In below let us share some Technical Support interview Questions and Answers.
How Service management is different from Service?
Service management is a set of Specialized Organizational Capabilities for providing value to Customers in the form of Services using 4 P’s (People, Process, Products and Partners).
What are the key responsibilities of IT Service Management?
- Managing Service levels from the Customers perspective instead of any inaccessible technology or infrastructure perspective.
- Going beyond reactive break/make – to proactive Management of Service Life Cycle (SLC).
- Actively managing infrastructure (assets) and systematically managing changes.
How business treats IT Service without ITSM?
Without ITSM Business views IT Service as a Support Function, IT as a Cost Center, Costs are Opaque, IT Budgets out of Control, Quality of Service – Poor & Not Responsive to Business.
What are the 4 P’s of IT Service Management?
People, Process, Products and Partners.
What are the difference between Processes, Roles & Functions?
Process is a set of Coordinated activities such as: Combining and implementing resources & Capabilities, In order to deliver an outcome, Which directly or indirectly generates value and for a Customer or Stockholder.
Roles comes with Set of responsibilities: Identified for a person or team, Well-defined in a process. Individuals or teams may have multiple roles.
Functions are units in Organizations. Major Roles of Functions are Specialized to perform certain categories or tasks and responsible for specific outcomes.
What are the Characteristics of a Process?
- Processes are measurable.
- They deliver specific results.
- Processes deliver to Customers and Stockholders.
- They respond to Specific Events.
What are the key roles of Service Management?
In Service management there are 2 types of Owners Process Owner & Service Owner. Process Owner is accountable for the complete process performance overall. Where Service Owner is accountable for a particular service without any major concern on where the processes, professional capabilities or underpinning technologies components reside.
Key Responsibilities for both types of Owners are:
- Remain finally accountable for the ultimate outcomes.
- Identifying improvement Opportunities and make process/service improvements by working with CSI manager.
- Communicate changes to Process or Service.
What for RACI Stands?
RACI Stands for Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed.
What are the functions of Service Operations?
Major functions Service Operation plays are Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management and Access Management.
What are Functions?
A function is a concept that refers to a group of people and automated measures. Function is responsible to execute a defined process, an activity or a mix of processes and activities.
What are the 2 levels of Escalation occurs in Incident Management?
There are two types of Escalation appears in Incident Management Hierarchical and Functional.
What are the key responsibility of an Incident Manager?
- Developing, maintaining and improving the incident management process and system.
- The efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process.
- Management Information.
- Managing the work of the Incident management staff.
How many ways incident support staff can be divided?
Incident Support staff can be divided into 3 categories First-line Support Staff (Service Desk), Second-line Support Staff (Specialists) and Third-line Support Staffs including external Suppliers.
What are the benefits of Incident Management?
The benefits to be gained by implementing an Incident Management process are:
- Reduced business impact of incidents by timely resolution, thereby increase effectiveness.
- The proactive identification of beneficial system enhancements and amendments.
- The availability of business-focused management information related to the SLA.
For IT Organization
- Improved monitoring, allowing performance against SLAs to be accurately measures.
- Improved management information on aspects of service quality.
- Better staff utilization, leading to greater efficiency.
- Elimination of lost or incorrect incidents and service requests.
- Improved user and Customer satisfaction.
What are the types of Service Desk?
There are 3 types of Service desk accepted by Fortune 500 Local, Central and Virtual.
What are the Common function Service Desk plays?
Active Service desk is a plus point to every Business. Few of the most Common Service desk functions includes:
- Receiving Calls and First line Customer liaison.
- Recording and tracking Incidents and Complaints.
- Keeping Customers informed on request Status and Progress.
- Making an initial assessment of requests, attempting to resolve then or refer them to someone who can, based on agreed service levels.
- Managing the request life-cycle, including closure of service levels to Customers.
- Communicating planned and short-term changes of service levels to customer.
- Coordinating second-line and third party support groups.
- providing management information and suggestions for service improvement.
- Identifying or Contributing problem identification.
- Highlighting Customer training and education needs.
- Closing incidents after confirmation with the Customer.
What are the qualities you required to be a Service desk Staff?
To be a Successful Service Desk player you required the following qualities:
- Customer Focused.
- Good Communication and Writing Skills
- Articulate and methodical.
- Trained in interpersonal Skills.
- Multilingual (if required).
- Ability to understand the Business Objectives.
What are the technologies required for Service Desk?
To be a Service Desk Operator you required the following Technologies in your Career profile.
- Integrated Service management and Systems management Systems.
- Advanced Telephone Systems (CTI, ACD).
- Interactive Voice response System (IVR).
- Electronic Mail
- Fax Servers
- Pager Systems
- Knowledge databases and diagnostic tools.
- Automated Operations and network management tools.
- Remote Control to Team or Staffs.
What are the benefits of Service Desk?
Service desk deals directly with Customers. Smart Service desk create good impression for Business trademark. Benefits of Service Desk are:
- Improved Customer service, perception and satisfaction.
- Increased accessibility through a single point of Contact, Communication and Information.
- Better Quality and Speedier turnaround of Customer requests.
- Improved teamwork and Communication.
- Enhanced focus and a proactive approach to service provision.
- Reduced negative business impact.
- Better managed infrastructure and improved control.
- Improved usage of IT Support resources and increased productivity of business personnel.
- More meaningful management information for decision support.
What are the Critical Success factors of Service Desk?
- Business needs and requirements are understood.
- Customer requirements are understood.
- Investment is made in training for Customers, Support teams and service desk staffs.
- Service objectives, goals and deliverables are clearly defined.
- Service levels are practical, agreed and regularly reviewed.
Do you like this Story about Technical Support interview Questions? Share us.