Almonds are nuts that are really rich in vitamins and nutrients. Almonds have a larger form than the peanuts and others. The content in almonds is very beneficial for health and beauty. Therefore, it is not uncommon that most of the people choose to consume almonds to maintain health and beauty. Not all of the people know the health benefits of almonds, especially the people who live in a village. They do not like to buy almonds because Almonds are classified as nuts that have expensive prices or more expensive than peanuts and cashews.
The Nutrient Contents of Almonds
Almonds are a super nut that provides a wide range of essential nutrients for the body. Almond has two varieties namely almonds with a bitter taste and a sweet almond flavor. There are so many products that are made of sweet almonds such as a snack, while the industry makes a lot of varieties of bitter almonds as almond oil. Here are the different kinds of content in health benefits of almonds that you may not know:
– Rich in oil (49%)
– Omega-9 (62%)
– Omega-3 fatty acids
– Omega-6 fatty acids (24%)
– Palmitate acid (6%)
– Carbohydrates (26%)
– Fiber (12%)
– Sugar (6.3%)
– Starch (0.7%)
– Rich in vitamin E (24 milligrams per 100 grams)
– Essential amino acids
– Vitamin B
– Vitamin B6
– Vitamin C
– Vegetable fat
– Unsaturated fats
– High in antioxidants
The Health Benefits of Almonds
There are so many health benefits of almonds that you can get. Nutritionists found that the nutrients in almonds are beneficial to our health. Here is a wide range of health benefits of almonds that you have to know:
The Source of Energy
The first health benefit of almond is for increasing energy. Almond contains carbohydrate and protein which is the best source of energy for the body. Adding some almonds in the diet means that you add some energy, nutrition and more flavors in the food. This is the first healthy benefit of almonds that you may know.
Improving Brain Performance
The next health benefit of almond is to improve brain performance. The brain is the central nervous system in the human body. If the brain is disrupted, then the subordinate nervous system would be disrupted. Almond is considered as the best dietary supplements for the brain. Here are the benefits of almonds for the brain:
- Vitamin E in almonds is beneficial for the prevention of cognitive decline in the brain.
- Vitamin E can increase alertness brain memory.
- Vitamin E in almonds can also increase the memory capacity of the brain.
- Almonds are rich in mineral which is beneficial to protect cells and nerves in the brain from damage. Much brain damage is caused by free radicals.
- The content of vitamin B6 in almonds can be useful to enhance the protein metabolism. Protein metabolism is needed to repair the brain cells which are damaged.
Lowering LDL Level
Almonds are beneficial for patients to lower cholesterol and control LDL levels in the body. LDL is very dangerous for health because it can cause a wide range of chronic and non-chronic diseases. The almonds can increase levels of HDL or good cholesterol in the body. The body with HDL health can be beneficial to the development of the nervous system and many others.
Used for Diets
One of the health benefits of almonds is to be used for diet. Nutrients in almonds are useful to help you lose weight. The nutrient in almonds which is beneficial for weight loss is fiber, unsaturated fat, and protein. Eating almonds will make you full longer. For diet, you should not go overboard in consuming almonds. You can only take 1 ounce per day.
Although the almond contains sugar in it, the bean is beneficial to control the levels of sugar in a person’s body. Controlling blood sugar levels can prevent diabetes from various complications produced by diabetes. Here are the facts of almonds that can be used as a controller of diabetes:
- The content of almonds in the form of healthy fats, unsaturated fats, fiber, and minerals can make the body absorb glucose and process the glucose quickly.
- Research conducted by Diabetes Care showed that almonds can control type 2 diabetes in both men and women, particularly for women who have undergone menopause.
Preventing Infant Disability
Pregnant women are recommended to consume almonds every day. Folic acid contained in almonds is the same as the role of pregnant milk. Folic acid is beneficial for the development of the fetus in the womb and good for the growth of tissue cells in the baby’s body.
Making the Heart Healthy
The heart is a vital organ for human life. Unfortunately, the performance of the heart organ is often compromised by various diseases. Some of the diseases are diabetes, cholesterol, hypertension and high uric acid. If it is not promptly treated, then it can lead to heart disease which is really deadly. Keeping heart health is better than curing. Here is the function of almonds in creating a healthy heart:
- Magnesium contained in almonds is beneficial to smooth and improve blood flow to the heart.
- Magnesium also controls the movement of oxygen along with nutrients to the heart and throughout the body.
- When the blood flows smoothly, then blood flow increases and followed by the movement of oxygen and nutrients that can cause normal blood pressure. Normal blood pressure can make your heart healthy.
Making Strong Bones
Almond is rich in phosphorus and calcium. Both of these substances or nutrients are beneficial to health and bone density. Magnesium, manganese, and potassium are also useful for creating solid and strong bones.
Reducing Risk of Impaired Metabolism
Almond contains manganese in sufficient quantity. Manganese is essential in maintaining the function of the thyroid gland in controlling the rate of metabolism, thereby reducing the risk of metabolic disorders.
In conclusion, those are several health benefits of almond that you will get when you consume almond every day. Therefore, you are strongly recommended to eat some almonds every day because almonds have a lot of benefits for our body.
Source of image: https://sharan-india.org