Stress and anxiety have become a chronic health issue in this modern time because of chaotic lifestyles or an urge to stay ahead in life always. Ayurvedic treatment for stress and anxiety is a superb decision of your life. If these problems are not created time, they take their other mother’s face, and it will become challenging to get out of that chronic condition or a person. So to prevent that condition, try to choose natural methods to treat minor health issues.
The imbalance in 3 doshas leads to stress and anxiety problems because of harmful toxins buildup in the body. Ayurveda’s primary goal is to get rid of this problem and make your life happy and burden-free. Due to day-to-day overburden, stress, and anxiety trigger other health problems, like an allergic reaction, asthma, hypertension, and diabetes mellitus.
Types of Stress based on Dosha
VATA DOSHA Stress – When a Vata person is stressed, they’re more anxious, restless, and suffer from various nervous system disorders like migraine, insomnia, and acute pain.
PITTA DOSHA Stress – Pitta Dosha’s dominating person is stressed and becomes irritable, frustrated, indigestion, and acidity.
KAPHA DOSHA Stress – Kapha Dosha dominating people, has depression; they isolate themselves from society.
Factors that cause Anxiety and Stress
- Overburden of Work or Job
- Relationship problems
- Financial issues
- Chronic medical illness
- An adverse effect of a Medicine
- Lack of Oxygen Supply to the Brain
- Head Injury
- Death of a Loved One
- Drug abuse
These are some common factors that increase stress in your day to day life. To get rid of all these factors, Ayurvedic treatment for anxiety helps you.
In Ayurveda, some different therapies and herbs help in reducing stress and anxiety. Ayurveda is an ancient Indian traditional method of healing health problems used for thousands of years ago. Ayurvedic treatment is the most fantastic type in the world to heal people.
You have to follow some principles to get rid of various health issues like stress and anxiety.
- A healthy lifestyle includes avoiding alcohol, smoking, having junk food, and inappropriate sleep.
- A healthy balanced diet, add fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet like orange, banana, pineapple, pine fruit, apple, spinach, kale, broccoli, etc.
- Always eat whole grains like wheat, barley, oatmeal, millets.
- Add some dried fruit, seeds, and nuts in the meal plan . nuts and seeds play an essential role in a healthy nervous system.
- Deep breathing exercises and some yoga asanas strengthen your neurons and reduce stress or anxiety.
- Detoxification is the first step of Ayurveda. It prevents stress-causing harmful toxins build up in the body.
- Start your new day with a cup of green tea. Green tea is antioxidant-rich, and it prevents toxins buildup, along with that, it boosts the immune system against various infections.
- Avoid the use of allopathic medicine or treatment to heal health issues. Allopathy medicines are a temporary method to suppress health problems. The overuse of them will worsen your health instead of curing.
- Use diversional therapies like listening to music, dancing, book reading to relieve stress and anxiety.
Yoga and Meditation
Ayurvedic treatment for stress and anxiety encourages you to practice yoga and meditation to eliminate stress and anxiety problems.
Yoga Asanas and Benefits
USTRASANA – This Asana practice increases your spine’s flexibility and stimulates the nervous system’s healthy function. It maintains blood circulation in the body and reduces stress.
SETU BANDHASANA – Practicing this asana may help in stretching of back or legs muscles. It improves blood circulation and fights against stress or anxiety.
BHUJANGASANA – It provides strength to your spinal cord and reduces stress, fatigue, and migraine.
ARDHA MATSYENDRASAN – This provides flexibility to the spine and effectively calms or relaxes your nervous system and brain.
BALASANA – It helps in the relaxation of the body and mind. Its practice is also helpful in improving the breathing process.
Pranayam and Benefits
An Ayurvedic Practitioner recommends some deep breathing exercises in Ayurvedic treatment for stress and anxiety. It includes,
ANULOP VILOM – Anulom Vilom deep breathing exercise improves the breathing and tidal volume capacity of the lungs. It shows its sedative property on your nervous system to relax and relieve you from stress and anxiety.
BHRAMARI PRANAYAM – Bhramari is one of the best pranayama to get rid of frustration or anxiety. It also may help in controlling blood pressure and ease headache.
Natural herbs or Ayurvedic Treatment for Anxiety
Natural herbs play an imperative role in reducing stress and anxiety.
Brahmi & Stress – Brahmi has numerous health benefits. It is a useful herb which helps to reduces the level of stress-causing hormone (cortisol). It improves memory and concentration power. It repairs and rejuvenates brain cells for their healthy function.
Bhringraj & Detoxification – Bhringraj is used in various ayurvedic treatments because of its tremendous health benefits. Its use detoxifies the body and excretes toxins and waste.
It keeps your body and minds energetic and alert. It increases the blood circulation to the brain to prevent a lack of oxygen supply for brain function. It reduces stress and calms your mind.
Ashwagandha & Sleep – Ashwagandha is a natural herb and used to treat numerous health problems. It improves digestion and metabolism rate of the body.
It provides crucial amino acids and vitamins to body cells. It balances the three doshas of the body. It promotes healthy and complete sleep.
Chamomile & Sleep – Chamomile is a flowering herb with health benefits.
It improves digestion and absorption. It might help relax your mind. It is a useful sleep inducer herb and reduces stress.
Stress and anxiety affect your happy life to stay away from them, use natural herbs, fresh air, sleep, and eat a well-balanced diet. To get rid of anxiety and stress, go for Ayurvedic treatment for stress and anxiety. Use home remedies and natural herbs to treat it in time.