FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) or Follicular Unit Transplantation is a type of hair transplant procedure that involves removing individual hair follicles, usually from the back and sides of the head, from a donor area of the body. Then the surgeon will implement these follicles to the affected areas. This is the traditional horseshoe area for men with male hair loss pattern.
How does Fue Hair Transplant work?
This is the step-by-step procedure.
1. To prepare the donor area, the surgeon shaves the area to maintain 2-3mm of hairs.
2. With the help of special instruments, a physician will separate hair follicles from the donor area. The most critical tool is a hand-held punch, which rotates, oscillates, and has an adjustable depth. This allows hair transplant surgeons to adjust the extraction parameters to fit the scalp and follicles. The fue hair transplant technique significantly reduces the risk of injury to the healthy hair follicle.
3. The back of the head is a typical donor area. This is where hair isn’t susceptible or affected by genetic hair loss. When deciding how many follicles to extract, the hair transplant surgeon will weigh the density and number of hairs required in the donor area.
4. After that Physician will prepare the follicles for implantation by dividing the hairs into groups of 1, 2, 3, and 4.
5. The extracted hair follicles will be strategically placed on the thinning areas of hair on your scalp. To restore a natural-looking hairline, the Physician will do the implantation carefully to match the curl of your hair.
Benefits of Fue Hair Transplant Techniques
FUE (follicular units extraction) hair transplant is one of the best hair restoration techniques. However, to enjoy its full benefits, it is a must to consult one of London’s leading fue hair transplant clinic. FUE involves carefully retrieving hair follicles from a donor area and their transplantation into the thinning areas. Let’s take a deep look at the benefits of an FUE hair transplant.
An FUE procedure is less painful than older hair restoration methods. Your surgeon will numb your scalp with long-acting anesthetics. Some patients find that they can take over-the-counter pain relievers such as Tylenol or acetaminophen the next day. Most patients feel no pain for 24 hours. In the rare event that Tylenol doesn’t suffice, your surgeon will provide some prescription pain medication to ensure your comfort both during and after the procedure.
Little to no Scarring
FUE technique leaves virtually invisible scarring. This is a significant advantage over other hair-transplant methods that cause scarring. FUT can be considered very close in this respect, but it needs to be cared for beyond three months after the surgery. This will help reduce scarring. Minimally invasive FUE does not pose any problems and helps you to minimize scarring. In addition, it is a minimally invasive technique that allows you to style your hair as you wish.
FUE transplants can yield more hair per graft than FUT if the hair transplant surgeon is skilled enough. FUE methods allow hair transplant surgeons to harvest one graft/follicle at a time and not damage the rest. You can also choose between stronger and denser FUE grafts/follicles. The FUT technique can yield up to 33% less hair per graft if the surgeon properly carries out the procedure.
The NeoGraft hair transplants using FUE are an excellent way to restore your hair without having to wait weeks for recovery. Within 24-48 hours, you can resume your daily activities. There will be no need for stitches or staples. In addition, the temporary bandage can be removed within 24-48 hours. While there are some special washing and care instructions that you should follow while your hair grows and heals, they are not complicated or cumbersome.
Losing your hair could have severe and detrimental effects on your self-confidence. Hair loss can not only affect your self-esteem but can also cause anxiety and depression. However, FUE hair restoration can provide you with a boost in self-confidence. Every surgeon offers support during, after, and before your treatment, as they know the emotional impact hair loss can have on patients.
FUE hair transplant is natural as it doesn’t leave visible scarring and produces more lasting results. FUE transplants last longer, and hair follicles will age more gracefully than FUT. In addition, FUE follicles spend much less time outside of the body, which makes FUE a better option.
The surgeon uses small and round punches in the area of hair loss using the FUE technique. FUE leaves a small, dot-shaped scar rather than the large linear scars of Strip. FUE offers an additional advantage: scarrings after surgery are virtually invisible, even if you have short hair.
High Graft Survival Rate
FUE transplants offer a 90% to 95% survival rate, compared with roughly 75% of FUT. In addition, FUE’s precision harvesting minimizes trauma to the hair follicles and prevents them from being transected during harvesting.
FUE treatment by experienced hair transplant surgeons is more likely to bring about all of the above benefits. FUE has become the most popular procedure for hair transplantation since the 2000s because of its success rate.