2 or more years of study at an Australian university can be an experience of a lifetime. You will learn your subject through a world-class academic structure, come across highly qualified faculties, and enjoy a wonderful life at the campus. Eventually, when you graduate, your Australian degree can help you find rewarding jobs in reputed companies.
However, if it does not go that way and you fail to land a job, you should not worry either. You can consider enrolling in a professional Year Program in any top-rated institute where you can learn more technical skills and gain knowledge in the sector you want to get placed. This blog discusses how you can grow your career with a PYP certificate in Accounting.
What is Accounting PYP?
Currently, the Professional Year Program in Australia is offered in three disciplines. In addition to Accounting, graduates in Engineering and Computer Science can also apply for it. Accounting PYP was developed by three organisations, including the Institute of Public Accountants, the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australian and New Zealand, and CPA Australia. It is approved by the Australian Department of Home Affairs and thus can help you earn 5 migration points toward your permanent residency visa application.
What are the entry requirements for a PYP in Accounting?
To qualify for Accounting PYP, you will need to meet the following entry requirements.
1. You should have completed one or more degrees in the field of Accounting after studying full-time for at least 2 years. Note that by 2 academic years, we usually mean 92 weeks as set by the CRICOS.
2. Having adequate English language skills is necessary. An overall band score of 6 will be required if you give IELTS. Whereas for candidates having appeared for PTE, a minimum score of 50 in each band will be necessary.
3. At the time of enrolling yourself in the course, you must hold a valid Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485. Holding a relevant Bridging Visa while enrolling can also make you eligible. However, make sure you receive your 485 Visa by the end of your PYP.
4. A positive skills assessment in your skilled occupation will be required. A relevant assessing authority must conduct the assessment.
5. To become sure about the suitability of your course, you must undergo a pre-enrolment interview with the course provider.
What documents will you need to submit at the time of application?
For a successful enrolment, you will need to submit the following documents:
1. Certified copies of your valid passport bio-data pages.
2. Evidence of change of name, if applicable.
3. English language test result documents.
4. If you are taking help from a migration agent, a filled-out form 956 will be required.
5. Your degree of a certificate that states your award title, the year the degree awarded, name of the university, and the grade achieved.
6. Official academic transcripts, which will show all subjects you have studied and the grades you have been awarded.
7. If you have any professional membership, you will need to submit several documents, including examination results, membership certificate, a letter from the professional accounting organisation confirming your membership and disciplinary information. Make sure these letters are less than 3 months old.
8. If you have documents not in English, they should be provided along with translated versions. For the translation, you will be required to hire a certified translator. While applying, you should include the documents both in English and the original language.
What is the usual program structure?
Usually, the Professional Year Accounting Program is delivered over 44 weeks. Of the total number of weeks, 32 weeks are set for providing classroom learning, while 12 weeks are designed to provide an internship program.
There are a total of eight modules you will come across, namely:
1. Australian Workplace Contexts.
2. Professional Practice and Decision Making.
3. Workplace Influence and Team Development.
4. Individual and Group Commitment.
5. Professional and Workplace Standards.
6. The Regulated Atmosphere.
7. Job Search and Career Skills in Practice.
8. Interview and Communication Skills for success.
In addition to formal learning, you will also have to attend a 240-hour supervised placement internship relevant to the skills and qualifications necessary to find a job in the accounting sector.
If you choose a top-rated institution to take your course, your internship will be supervised and managed by a team of top industry experts who will also arrange placements using their linkages to top companies to ensure job security for every candidate.
What are the benefits you can have once you finish your Accounting Professional Year Program?
A Professional Year Program in Accounting offers numerous benefits to the students for their careers.
1. You can learn all the relevant skills that will be necessary while working in the Australian industrial sector. All these skills are industry-specific and thus improve the employability of a student.
2. Through the workplace internship program, you can gain real-life work experience. You can learn how certified Australian accountants work in companies and what standards you will need to maintain like a professional.
3. As you will gain additional skills and knowledge from the coursework and experience the workplace culture through the internship, it will give you a competitive edge over other international candidates who have completed graduation from an Australian university.
4. When you attend a professional year program in a reputed institute, you will come across many industry experts and top professionals. It will help you expand your professional network, which will be beneficial in your career growth.
5. Above all, completing a PYP in Accounting will help you earn five additional points in the points’ test related to the General Skilled Migration Program.
There are several institutes in Australia that offer professional accounting courses that you may search for. To know specific course details, you have to go to the university website and scroll through the page. For professional guidance, you can contact their help desk team.