Top luxury watch brands always take the cup when it comes to craftsmanship, style and pricing. What sets these watches apart from others is that they:
- Follow classic watchmaking traditions
- Posses a rich history
- Have pioneering innovative features
- Use the highest quality materials
When it comes to luxury goods, the word investment justifies the act of spending money on something that you really want, allowing it to build wealth over time and reselling it later on for a profit. The same concept may be applied to luxury watches. The prices are often realized when things are rare, limited, and exclusive.
Top watches per brand
In the world of luxury watches, several brands reign supreme such as Rolex, Breitling, IWC, Omega, Tudor, Hublot, and Tag Heuer. Check the table below to discover the top watches per brand: (In the table we have included the estimated in the next decade)
|Brand||Watch||2020 Estimate (£)||2020 Estimate ($)||2020 Estimate (€)|
|IWC||Pilots Watch Chronograph||£7,746.96||$9,994||€8,444|
|Tudor||Heritage Black Bay||£3,731.01||$4,813||€4,067|
|Omega||Seamaster Planet Ocean||£5,164.64||$6,662||€5,629|
|Hublot||Classic Fusion Chronograph||£10,952.60||$14,129||€11,938|
|Tag Heuer||Carrera Calibre 1887 Chronograph||£5,305.00||$6,843||€5,782|
Are watches a good investment?
Since time immemorial, luxury watches have been known to hold their value over time so people buy them as a form of investment. A brand like Rolex is on top of the world now and isn’t likely to topple any time soon. In as much as you are buying a watch as an investment, don’t forget that you’ll have to wear it at some point. So you should get one that fits your style and personality. The resell value should be a secondary concern.
Recently, there has been a surge in smartwatches but thanks to technological advancements, it’s highly unlikely that these watches will hold their value over time. Improvement of tech features on gadgets causes previous versions to be outdated and, therefore, lose their value. The point is, if you are looking to invest in a luxury watch, think long-term and stick to the classics as opposed to modern gadgets.
There are several factors that one needs to put into consideration when choosing a luxury watch to invest in. Here are some tips for you:
1. Can you afford the watch? Most luxury watches are expensive. Make sure that you have enough money to participate in the extravagant purchase.
2. Don’t expect to make a profit immediately. Just like any other investment, you’ll have to be a little more patient so that the price rises after which you can resell the watch.
3. Do some research. One should have some knowledge of the watch market. Look at the trends to see which watches hold their value over time and if there’s a likelihood of appreciation.
4. Don’t get too attached to the watch that when the time to resell comes you have a problem letting go. If you get too sentimental you might decide to keep the watch.
Whenever you think about selling any of the watches we mention above, you can rest assured that you’ll sell them at a good price because they hold their value. If you are rich and can afford the rare collectibles, it would pay to hold on to them for a while and resell at a later point in the future. Most of the luxury watches are known to hold their value or increase it and this makes them investing in then a good idea.