Daily plenty of new comers are getting attracted towards e-commerce. Starting from a blog to product everyday there is innovations in IT. While it comes to the matter of web we all target Google Traffic. Without traffic from Google your web is useless. To gain traffic from Google first you need to index your links in Google. That’s why to Google Webmaster Tools. For Webmasters Let’s us share Webmaster Guidelines to use Google Webmaster Tools & how can you Configure them for your business links.
Add Your Property
Using your Google ID after you login to Google Webmaster Tools in home page you will get a link “Add A Property”. Using this link add your domain link to Google Webmaster. Then Complete Verification. Once Verification was Successful you will get listed your link in home page. Click on it to Configure further.
In Dashboard you will get Current Status page with 3 pans Crawl Errors, Search Analytics & Sitemaps. Crawl Errors shows errors related to DNS, Server Connectivity & Robots.txt fetch. Search Analytics shows total number of Clicks with a data visual of daily Clicks. Sitemaps shows all the Sitemaps you submitted & their index Status.
This page act like a event tracker. What ever the activities you play in Google Webmaster Tools this page kept log for all that with dates. Also if there is some errors or warnings you can get these messages from Webmaster team at here. After fixation of errors or warnings you can delete them from Message page.
This includes all upcoming techniques which helps user to locate the exact content in between the whole page. Structured data is nothing but the markup details form your website. Data Highlighter technique is the way to keep an user engaged more into the content. It helps to reduce bounce rate. The tool HTML Improvement shows errors form your website that need to fix at front-end.
Search Traffic contains Search Analytics, Link to your Sites, Internal Links, Manual Actions, International Targeting & Mobile Usability tools.
- Search Analytics: Using this tool you can monitor Google Search performance. Starting from Number of Clicks to the Queries user search you can view all at here.
- Link to your Sites: This tool shows Total Number of external links connected to your Site. Additionally you can watch “Who links the most” & “Your most linked contents”. Also using this tool you can know the anchor text label which pointing to your Site.
- Internal Links: To grow in web business Internal Links are one of the major factor. Using this tool you can track all your internal links with target pages & number of links. If you want you can download these data.
- Manual Actions: This tool shows spam actions for your web.
- International Targeting: International Targeting tool is to target audience in a specific reason. I mean if you are looking for Indian traffic you can Configure “Target users in” to India. By setting “Target users in” to unlisted Google will target all areas across Globe. Also using this tool you can track Targeted Language for any specific Country.
- Mobile Usability: Today’s web is Mobile friendly. If your site is not mobile friendly be sure you will lose business. Using this tool you can know which mobile usability issues affecting your site performance.
Google Index tab contents 4 tools Index Status, Content Keywords, Blocked Resources & Remove URLs.
- Index Status: Index Status page is having 2 panels Basics & Advanced. Under basics you can only view Total Number of Links indexed by Google. Using Advanced panel additionally you can watch URLs blocked by robots & data visual for daily index.
- Content Keywords: In this block you can find out the keywords from Contents those are priorities by Search Engines.
- Blocked Resources: Many time in our blog we do block few links from general public. There are several way to do this. But using Blocked Resources tool you can watch all those blocked URLs from robots.txt file.
- Remove URLs: Temporarily remove URLs that you own from search results. To remove content permanently, you must remove or update the source page.
- Crawl Errors: Using this Tool you can easily know the errors produced by your website. Under Site Error you can watch DNS, Server Connectivity & Robots.txt Fetch errors. As an advanced feature here not only the error from Desktop devices but also you can get to know errors about mobile devices.
- Crawl Stats: In this tool you can view the data visual for Pages crawled per day, Kilobytes downloaded per day & Time spent downloading a page (in milliseconds).
- Fetch as Google: All Webmasters wants to index their releases ASAP it happen. In such case this tool is very effective. There are 4 categories to fetch an URL Desktop, Mobil: Smartphone, Mobile: XHTML/WML & Mobile: cHTML. To submit a fresh link just copy n paste the partial URL by neglecting the primary domain & submit. After submission leave 2 to 3 minutes & then search the URL in Google. You will get happy to see that the URL is indexed.
- robots.txt Tester: Using this tool you can easily check your robots file. Here from also you can edit the file if required.
- Sitemaps: To index a site faster & better all search engine prefers Sitemap. Google accepts xml based Sitemap. If your Sitemap is ready you can click on ADD/TEST Sitemap button to submit the Sitemap.