Suffering from depression in today’s world is nothing very uncommon. Almost 350 million people all over the world are battling depression. Many people do not avail any kind of help for curing depression or maybe they do not get the right kind of help they need. Many treatments and remedies have been established to help cure depression. However, a very hot topic that is ongoing in this field is to find out whether medical marijuana can be potentially involved as a treatment method. They are trying to focus on their side-effects and possible benefits.
Possible benefits that can be derived from Marijuana
- It can relieve anxiety or symptoms of this.
- It can also work wonders in helping people get over chemotherapy that is it can be used as a treatment to cure the vomiting and nausea related to chemotherapy.
- It can also be put to use in keeping pain management under control. It can also help you deal with sleep disorders and also HIV-related weight loss.
- It has also been found out through research and surveys that medical marijuana can control spasticity in patients suffering from multiple sclerosis.
- It can also help you cope with the involuntary movements related to movement disorders.
However, this research and development is going at a very early stage and there is quite progress happening. Researchers are exploring new ways and trying to prove that medical marijuana can help deal with and help restore mood stabilization. However, they are performing these studies on animals and not on humans yet.
The advantage of having Marijuana for Depression
Scientists have also started looking into the fact and have been trying to establish whether or not medical marijuana is helpful in depression caused by chronic stress. They have specifically focused on brain chemicals called endocannabinoids. These chemical compounds ate naturally produced and they control our emotions, behavior, responses and motor control. They have a chemical build up similar to that of cannabis.
However, as interesting as this method of research may seem so in treating depression but the possible side-effects of medical marijuana cannot be ruled out. There isn’t any direct link or connection yet established that smoking marijuana can cause depression. However, some research reveals the fact that regular usage or heavy usage of the drug can cause depression and non-smokers aren’t a prey to this.
It’s also important to note here that if you are a person already suffering from some kind of mental illness such as psychosis then marijuana may trigger schizophrenia. Psychosis is a condition where you are detached from reality and you mostly feel delusional and suffer from hallucinations. However, the way the side effect will affect you depend on your usage and dose. Medical marijuana can be taken in the form of spray or pills or patches.
Researchers are also trying to currently delve in to the fact that whether a certain extract called cannabidiol could give the mood upliftment without any kind of drug dependency. Now we can take a look at some of the risks that are involved with medical marijuana due to its side effects.
Risks and Warnings that need to be Known
- Side effects are dependent on your method of consumption. There are polarized views on whether marijuana can improve depression or lead to depression.
- Marijuana use can also aggravate schizophrenia or psychosis in those people who are highly susceptible to such diseases.
- Frequent or heavy use of marijuana in the adolescent years can be a predictor of depression and anxiety later on in life- especially for girls.
- Most studies relate to the fact that marijuana is a highly addictive substance and the more you use it the more you would want it. Many at times it can delay in you getting the proper treatment thus worsening your current medical condition even more.
Although the research and work is going on in full swing and there are possibilities in achieving success in this field but there is a long way to still getting the correct facts. More work and time needs to be dedicated in proving whether medical marijuana can be fully used as a treatment for depression. There are very few countries and states in the world that allow the use of marijuana for medical purposes. If you belong to any such are and would like to resort to medical marijuana for help then it is very important for you to consult a doctor. He can guide you through the fact that whether medical marijuana is the treatment for your condition and can also give you other suggestions.
However, whatever you may do you need to be very careful with the marijuana use whether for recreational purpose or for medicinal purpose. Through the eaze promo code you can get discounts and offers in weed delivery services and get you wellness as well.